Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Yay for Tax Returns!!!

Ok, so this post has nothing to do with renovating. It has no pictures, videos, or really anything to show my progress like I promised in my previous post.

HOWEVER!

The house has benefited me greatly this evening. I filed my 2010 taxes and am getting a great return. Before I put in my house information, my return was minimal at best. With all of the write-offs that I have because of home loan interest, mortgage premiums, and property tax my return ended up increasing by around 300%.

THANK YOU HOUSE!

Since I was able to write so much off, I actually qualified for itemized deductions. I generally have too few and take the standard deduction. This year I was able to claim a lot of little things that I usually can't (like tithing) and it made such a difference.

What am I going to do with the money?

I'm actually going to put it in savings. There is a potential for a some expenses this year (central air, getting my car passable for emissions and inspections) that I want to be prepared for. I've got a lot of work that needs to be done around the house that I have *most* of the supplies for. So I'll continue on that for a little before I get too excited about spending all the money on new exterior doors or tile for the fireplace.

... But I would like to buy those things soon :)

To Uncle Sam,

Boomba

No comments:

Post a Comment