Sunday, June 13, 2010

Appliance Update

First and foremost can I just say I AM MOVED IN!!! This weekend was it, I HAD to be out. Thankfully, I had a lot of help. My parents, my sister came up from Provo, Leah, Jake, the Relief Society, and one guy from the Priesthood (way to rep Nate).

So from here on out, I'll be catching up on blogs and finishing a lot of unfinished work around the house. Currently I don't have my dryer, dishwasher, or cooktop hooked up. There are still lights that need to go up and a plethora of things to get done. *sigh* It'll get there...

When I first moved in there was a terrible wall oven that we took out. I found my new double oven at the ReStore for $125. Lets skip to the goods; here are the pics!
Old oven taken out. It was set up to be a wall oven with a built in microwave over it. So we had to modify it a little bit in order for it to work.

We (meaning Wes and Jake), cut out the shelf and got it to fit the oven size. Don't be fooled, it's not as easy as I make it sound. It took them around four attempts to get it in there. All sorts of things went wrong and there was wall cutting and duct tape and sweaty boys and ....... Lets just say that it took about four hours.

Personally, I think their effort was entirely worth it. Now I can make enchiladas and cookies at the same time. Oh, and top oven is a convection oven. Anyone know how to adjust the time for convection ovens?

To new kitchens to cook in,

Boomba

No comments:

Post a Comment