Saturday, July 17, 2010

Functioning Kitchens = Happiness

It's been over a month since I have blogged and I do apologize. Finally getting back into a semi-regular life style kept me from blogging. There still is quite a bit to do, but things are really coming along. Here is the kitchen in it's remodeled state:


This cook top was actually a freaking nightmare. The concrete counters were done before I got the cook top, but then whole ended up not being big enough. So Jake spend like 8-10 hours using a circular saw, sawzall, and a grinder trying to get the hole big enough. After that was all said and done, then there was a TON of dust to clean up. Now that it is in and functioning I can completely repress that experience from my mind... cause it sucked!


Here is the new hood with the new Jenn Air electric stove top. I got them both through KSL. The hood was $60 and the stove top was $100.


Here is the new sink and I absolutely love it! I got the sink at Lowe's and the faucet on Overstock.com. Needless to say, it looks tons better than the old stainless steel sink that was in there before.


View from the kitchen into the dining room. I used part of my tax credit that I got back to buy it. Thank you Uncle Sam! I got the dining set at Bed Heaven in Layton. Now I just need to decide if I want to put a rug underneath it... Also, in this picture you can see the new wall color.


If you don't remember what the old kitchen looked like, click here. Here is the view from the dining room into the kitchen. The concrete counters are waxed and the wine glass racks are installed. My mom and Wes go the dishwasher running. I'm really thrilled with how the kitchen is looking (and functioning)! There are a few projects left like putting the trim up, getting pantry door back on, and getting the bead board on some of the cupboards.

To finally being able to use my kitchen all the way,

Boomba

No comments:

Post a Comment